Looking for fresh and exciting fall recipes to recommend to readers? A round up of simple recipes that celebrate seasonal ingredients and earthy autumn flavors
Honey Dressing - Brizo
1/4 cup of Brizo Mild
3 to 4 tablespoons of Honey
1/2 cup of plain Greek Yogurt
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
10 twists of freshly ground black pepper
Three Ingredient Honey Cake with RIND garnish
This simple, one-layer cake is dense, moist and syrupy. It uses almonds instead of flour, which gives it a rich, toasty texture, and whisked egg whites to give it height.
5 TBSP Honey
1/2 Cup Almonds
1/2 Cup Honey
2 TBSP Fresh Lemon Juice
Pinch of salt
Garnish: RIND Orchard Blend
You will need a small round cake tin. Set oven to 375. Separate the eggs, and whisk the whites to stiff peaks. Beat the yolks with 4 tablespoons of the honey, mixing well. Grind almonds in a food processor to grind them. Mix the ground almonds with the egg yolks and honey, and gradually fold in the egg whites using a metal spoon, being careful not to over-mix and beat out all the air. Transfer the mixture to the cake tin and bake for 25 minutes, lowering the temperature for the final 10 minutes to 350. Allow the cake to cool completely in the tin before turning it out on to a wire rack. Meanwhile, make the honey glaze: Bring honey to a boil in a saucepan, and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and salt. Brush fruitcakes with glaze, and garnish with dried fruit. Brush again with glaze.
Trail Mix Energy Bites
- 13⁄4 cups The Soulfull Project Four Grain Hot Cereal
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Measure all ingredients into a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
4-Ingredient Oatmeal Nut Butter Cookies
- 1 Cup Butterfly Cinnamon Vanilla Nut Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- ⅔ Cup Honey
- 1 ½ Cups Oats
Directions: Combine Butterfly Nut Butter, egg, maple syrup or honey and oats. Mix well and bake at 350℉ for 10-12 minutes.
Dona Chai Latte with Coffee Blossom Honey
Makes a 12oz latte
5 oz Dona Masala Chai Unsweetened
5 oz milk or milk alternative
2 teaspoons coffee blossom honey (or honey of choice) or 4 teaspoons honey simple syrup
Combine all ingredients and steam. Pour and serve.
Sexy Brownie Sundae with Waxing Kara's Honey
- 1 1/2 c organic sugar
- 2 c semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c cocoa powder
- 1 c butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 c Waxing Kara Honey
- 1 c slivered almonds or walnuts coarsely-chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Prepare a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with coconut oil or butter; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine honey and butter and melt (low heat).
- Add in sugar whisking constantly. Pour sugar mixture into a large bowl.
- Whisk in cocoa, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs. Mix until combined.
- Fold in the flour and chocolate chips until combined. Add nuts if desired.
- Spread brownie batter into prepared pan (batter will be very thick).
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes. Cool on a cooling rack before slicing.
- Serve each brownie slice with a scoop of ice cream and your favorite topping. Enjoy!
Calories: 621kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 111mg | Potassium: 450mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 4.5mg
- 1/2 c raw cashews Soak for 4 hours in water. Drain. Pulse in food processor until chopped.
- 1/2 c Waxing Kara Honey
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 c organic butter or coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 c Banana ripe and mashed
- 1 c raw beets peel and cut into cubes
- 1/4 c filtered water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 c cocoa
- 1 c Oat Flour Gluten Free
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp. Arrowroot
- 1/3 c Chocolate Chips Gluten Free
- Preheat convection oven to 325 degrees and prep a 9 inch square pan generously with butter (or coconut oil).
- Add first eight ingredients and blend until the beets and cashews are well chopped. Scrape down sides of blender as necessary.
- Add eggs and cocoa and pulse a few more times.
- Add oat flour, baking soda, arrowroot and chocolate chips. Blend on medium until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 276mg | Potassium: 262mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 285IU | Vitamin C: 1.9mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1.9mg
Banana Choco-Shake (Kid-Friendly)
Whip up this smoothie on a busy morning when you're looking for a chocolatey treat that resembles a milkshake. Even your kids will love it and never know it's healthy.
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 banana, frozen or fresh
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 2 dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons Glow Flow Chefs Cacao Bliss Cacao Blend
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 cup spinach
Directions: Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
Matcha Latte Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 cup almond/coconut milk
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 tbsp Glow Flow Chef's Instant Matcha Latte Blend
- 1 tbsp collagen protein powder
- 1 tsp Bullet Proof brain octane oil
Directions: Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth. Enjoy!
Double Chocolate Paleo Banana Bread
- 3 medium overripe bananas (the ones with lots of brown spots are best)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup packed blanched fine almond flour
- 1/3 cup packed coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1/4 cup Glow Flow Chefs Cacao Latte Blend
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, dairy free if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add bananas, eggs and vanilla to a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Gently fold in wet mixture and stir until well combined. Next stir in chocolate chunks, reserving a few tablespoons.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan and sprinkle remaining chocolate chunks on top. Bake for 18-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Once done baking, transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before cutting into 12 bars.
Bliss Blueberry Oatmeal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk/coconut milk/oat milk
- 1 medium banana, mashed (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Handful of blueberries
- Bliss topping: Glow Flow Chefs Cacao Latte Blend
- Combine all ingredients except blueberries and GFC Cacao Latte Blend into a small saucepan and turn heat to medium/high.
- Bring to a boil. Then, turn heat down to low/medium and continually stir for around 3-5 minutes as the oatmeal cooks and thickens.
- Once oatmeal is at desired consistency, remove from heat, top with blueberries and Glow Flow Chefs bliss cacao blend, and enjoy!
CORE and Rind's Cauliflower Cheesy Dip (vegan, gluten-free, paleo)
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 almond flour or GF flour of choice
- Cashew Cheesy Sauce - Rich & Smoky
- 1 tsp garlic power
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Scallions for topping if desired
- Celery and carrot sticks for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 425F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop cauliflower into bit sized florets and set aside.
- Mix milk, flour and salt & pepper in a medium bowl. Mix in more flour until the batter is thick and can coat the cauliflower without dripping.
- Dip the cauliflower in the batter. Shake off excess batter and place on the baking sheet leaving space between each piece.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Toss warm "wings" with smoky cashew cheesy sauce.
- Sprinkle with scallions if desired. Serve with celery and carrot sticks.
Spicy Sweet Potato Bake with Zesty Pecans (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free)
Spicy Sweet Potatoes:
5 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 cup Spicy Chipotle Cashew Cheesy Sauce, divided
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon garlic powder salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon chile powder
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place sweet potatoes in a large pot. Fill pot with water until potatoes are submerged. Bring water to a boil. Cook for 9-11 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender and can be easily pierced with a fork.
While potatoes are boiling, prepare zesty pecans. In a small bowl toss pecans with maple syrup, sea salt, and chili powder. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Once skillet is warm, add zesty pecans, stirring constantly so they don’t burn. Toast pecans in skillet for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
When sweet potatoes are done, remove from heat, drain, and return to pot. Mash potatoes with a potato masher or fork until smooth. Mix in 1/4 cup Spicy Chipotle Cashew Cheesy Sauce, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, nutritional yeast, and garlic powder. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Place mashed sweet potatoes in 8x8 baking dish. Top with ¼ cup Spicy Chipotle Cashew Cheesy Sauce and zesty pecans. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 20-25 minutes until heated through. Enjoy!
Servings: 6 servings
Cashew Cheesy Chive Biscuits (paleo, gluten free, dairy free)
1 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp almond flour
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp tapioca flour
1 tbsp cassava flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp dry chives or 1/4 cup fresh
Dash black pepper
1/4 cup Cashew Cheesy Sauce
2 eggs (or 2 flax "egg")
1 tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In a large bowl whisk eggs (or replacement), Cashew Cheesy Sauce and olive oil. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until a dough forms. Form 6-7, 1 inch high biscuits and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until brown around the edges.
Creamy Plant-Based Mac n Cheese (vegan, gluten free)
- Gluten Free Pasta of choice or vegetable pasta of choice
- Cashew Cheesy Sauce
Optional Add-ins: steamed broccoli, roasted mushrooms, peas, roasted garlic, roasted red peppers, carmelized onions, protein of choice
Optional Toppings: pesto, hot sauce, more Cashew Cheesy Sauce
- Make your favorite gluten free pasta according to the instructions.
- Drain pasta and add noodles back to pot.
- Smother noodles in Cashew Cheesy Sauce and stir to combine.
- Add in veggies, protein of choice and/or your favorite toppings.
LIL BUCKS - Danielle's Baked Buffalo Cauliflower
- Tahini based sauce
- Not breaded
- Oil free & Nut free
- Crunch factor on point
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 Tbsp date syrup or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp acv
- dash of paprika
- dash of garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce (I.e. Franks Red Hot)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (~half a lemon)
- 1/4 cup original Lil Bucks + more for topping
1. Chop cauliflower into florets. Or buy a bag of florets (I do!)
2. Preheat oven to 350°F
3. Blend all the sauce ingredients besides the buckies together.
4. Once you achieve a liquid consistency, add in the buckies. Blend slightly to break down buckwheat but still keep a crunch. Sauce will become thick and that’s ok!
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (I sprayed lightly with avocado oil).
6. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
7. Cool and serve with fresh parsley, green onions and your favorite dip.
Notes: Makes 2 servings.
Danielle's Sweet Potato Brownies with Lil Bucks
- 1 cup sweet potato purée (canned or fresh)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp date syrup or pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or any nut butter) + more for the top
- 1/4 cup Cacao Lil Bucks
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. In a mixing bowl, add everything and stir until combined with no clumps.
3. Pour into a lightly oiled baking dish and add dollops of almond butter to swirl before putting in oven
4. After 15 minutes add Lil Bucks to the top. Bake for 10-12 more minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool and enjoy!
6. Store in fridge!!
Notes: Makes 6 servings.
Danielle's Creamy Greens with Lil Bucks
- 1 big handful of Kale
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup steamed then frozen Japanese sweet potato
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped pear
- 1/2 cup steamed then frozen zucchini slices
- 1 tsp maca
- 2 heaping scoops Blue majik
- 1 scoop vanilla protein
- 1/4 cup frozen mint
1. Blend, Blend, Blend.
2. Pour into your Lil Bucks bowl
3. Top with all the Lil Buck flavors
Notes: Makes 1 serving.
Maxines Heavenly Cinnamon Oatmeal Raison Cookies
- 8 individual Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (or enough cookies to make 1 ½ cups of cookie crumbles)
- 3 cups brown rice crispy cereal
- ⅓ cup nut/seed butter of choice (We used cashew butter)
- ⅓ cup natural sweetener of choice agave, *honey or maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil or 4 tablespoons
*If Vegan, choose agave, maple syrup or 4 pitted dates. If using dates, soak the dates in warm water for 15 minutes before blending.
1. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
2. Place Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Cookies in food processor and blend until cookies create 1 ½ cups of cookie crumbles, which is roughly 8 cookies. *If you want a thicker cookie crust for the bottom of your bars, make 3 cups of cookie crumbles or 16 cookies.
3. Melt 4 tablespoons of coconut oil and pour over cookie crumbles then blend until cookie crumbles are well mixed with the melted coconut oil. *If using 3 cups of cookie crumbles, add 8 tablespoons of melted coconut oil instead of 4.
4. Place cookie crumble mixture into an 8-inch square baking pan and press out evenly using a spatula.
5. Grab a microwave safe bowl and add natural sweetener and nut/seed butter of choice. Heat for 30 seconds then stir. Continue this step until the natural sweetener and nut/seed butter begin to caramelize creating a delicious mixture. Depending on the strength of your microwave, you should only have to do this 2-3 times.
6. Add cereal to nut/seed butter and natural sweetener mixture then fold together with a spatula until thoroughly combined. Be gentle so you don’t crush the cereal.
7. Pour cereal mixture over cookie crust then gently press it down using a spatula.
8. Place baking pan in the freezer for one hour to chill then remove and slice into squares before serving.