|Founder||Mel Elias and Sung Oh|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, CA|
Beverage, Home, Tech, Sustainability, Food
|Press Contact||Kathleen Tompsett|
Bruvi delivers both brewed coffee and espresso beverages that are remarkably tastier than other single-serve brewers — stronger, hotter and less bitter — thanks to its proprietary brewing technology and its super premium, certified sustainable and ethical coffees.
Bruvi brews filter coffee, true espresso, Americanos and the first cold brew from a single-serve capsule system. It’s an IOT smart device with mobile App and Wifi connectivity that allows for remote brewing, auto ordering pods, and accessing a user dashboard of consumption patterns.
Bruvi's B-Pods™ are made to be simply tossed. They are uniquely designed to substantially break down in a landfill much faster than untreated plastics through an organic process that leaves no microplastics behind. In applicable landfills, B-Pods™ can also play a role in Landfill Gas to Energy projects, creating renewable energy and bringing enhanced end-of-life value.
Founded in 2018, Bruvi offers remarkably tastier coffee in a single-serve system, plus an innovative, eco-conscious solution for coffee pod disposal. Bruvi reinvents single-serve brewing with patent pending technology and a range of super premium, sustainably sourced craft coffee. Based in Los Angeles, Bruvi was founded by Sung Oh (inventor, former engineer and former patent attorney) and Mel Elias (former CEO of The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, investor, board member and M&A consultant) with a combined 34 years of coffee experience. Bruvi is a B Corp pending company.
- Mel is a proven executive, investor and Board Member, as well as Advisor and M&A consultant to US and global businesses, particularly coffee, retail and food & beverage businesses, including DTC and Omni-channel brands.
- Educated in Singapore and London and based in Los Angeles for over 20 years, he balances the clear thinking and analytic skillset of a lawyer, with an entrepreneurial and growth minded approach to business.
- Mel has created significant shareholder value by supplementing his extensive network, experience and cultural savvy with his operating and corporate governance protocols expertise.
- Mel is the former CEO and Board member of The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and was intimately involved in the sale of the business to Jollibee Brands in 2019 for $350M.
- Sung is an entrepreneur, inventor/engineer, and former patent attorney with a rich background in diverse technologies including consumer electronics and medical devices.
- Sung couples best practices from his extensive experience as an engineer and patent attorney to invent and engineer products that are more innovative and cheaper than what is currently offered, and then builds and develops an impenetrable IP portfolio that protects the core technologies of his inventions.
- Sung has co-founded several consumer tech startup companies, including but not limited to DivergentIP LLC d/b/a BruviTM and Touch Coffee LLC.
- Sung maintains a strong network of R&D and engineering relationships in Asia to expeditiously and cost effectively develop a new product from concept to mass production launch.